Stop analyzing open-ended questions manually
Open-ended questions in surveys allow the respondent to provide answers in an elaborate, unrestricted manner. These types of responses are rich in insights and contain important information about the trends, opinions, ideas and issues surrounding your product and services. Unfortunately, this type of survey data is unstructured – meaning it cannot be easily analyzed by traditional statistical methods. Organizations that can successfully leverage unstructured customer data are more confident in their business decisions, and remain alert of any pressing issues that may be threatening brand image and revenue-generating opportunities.
The reality is, current survey methods, are outdated and cumbersome. Here are some of the main disadvantages associated with manual open-ended questions analysis:
– It’s time consuming. The average person reads about 250 words per minute!
– It’s tedious to read through large volumes of verbatim comments
– It often involves extensive coding
– You need to map out categories manually
– It’s not cost-effective
– Prone to errors in filtering
– Requires verification, and re-verification (double-checking the double-checking)
– Requires integration with other tools for analysis (i.e visualization software, etc)
Cloud-based text analytics tools are capable of reading, aggregating and analyzing large volumes of freeform text buried deep in these responses in the fraction of the time it would take using traditional survey analysis methods.
Analyzing open-ended questions with Keatext
Let’s imagine for a second that you are the owner of a chain of hotels and you recently polled a group of new customers and asked them “to describe their overall experience, in a few words”. Using a text analytics solution like Keatext you instantly see the topics mentioned most across 2,800 open-ended questions and wether they are more negative or positive:
A quick drill-down (literally the click of a button!) reveals more information pertaining to a specific topic (“room” in the example below) and wether this topic is perceived as more negative or positive by recent hotel guests.
In a matter of minutes, we brought a whole new dimension to our customer feedback analysis. Our hotel manager can clearly see the rich data that he may have easily missed. With Keatext, there’s no need for coding, no need for customization or integrations. Best of all, you won’t need to hire or train someone to understand categorization models which means more money in your pocket! That’s always a win.
We guarantee you’ll never go back to manual survey analysis again.
FRESH CONTENT DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
- Scaling Corporate Culture Assessment with Artificial Intelligence
- Choosing the right Text Analytics partner for your VoC platform
- VoC platforms: Choosing the right Text Analytics technology
- Survey Platforms: The pitfalls of building text analytics in-house
- Design User-Friendly Surveys with Text Analytics