There’s no exact recipe for crafting winning customer experience goals, but with a well-thought-out and executed plan that includes both the collection and analysis of feedback, companies can gain a much better understanding of their customers’ needs, and be well on their way to creating a stronger and more sustainable business.
Regardless of the customer feedback analysis tools you use, they should help you answer important questions, the ones below, about the customer’s experience. Here are three things that your customer experience goals program should help your business accomplish:
1. Get a deeper understanding of the customer experience
- How do your customers feel about your company, brand, or product/service?
- What are your customers saying about your company, brand, or product/service?
- Were comments mostly positive or negative?
- What was their customer experience like? How does their experience affect their intent to buy?
- What is the root cause of customer satisfaction?
- Was it easy to do business with you? Did they find what they were looking for?
- How happy are they with their purchase (or rental)?
- How well do you address or resolve their issues?
2. Use customer feedback to improve operational efficiencies
Efficiency isn’t just about cutting costs. Too often, we talk about the effectiveness of customer feedback in increasing profit. We tend to forget that customer insights can directly help us evaluate the efficiencies of our internal operations. In other words, how’s our staff performance? Are they friendly? Did they help your customers quickly resolve their problems? Did customers have a positive experience with staff members? Service quality is a huge determinant of business success. In fact, according to a report from Dimensional Research, 66% of B2B and 52% of B2C customers stopped buying after a bad customer service interaction.
3. Align customer needs with your product and service roadmap
To be truly customer-centric, means continuously aligning business goals with customer needs and wants. Customer feedback via open-ended survey responses, support requests, discussion forums, and blogs are invaluable sources of product information.
FRESH CONTENT DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
- Scaling Corporate Culture Assessment with Artificial Intelligence
- Choosing the right Text Analytics partner for your VoC platform
- VoC platforms: Choosing the right Text Analytics technology
- Survey Platforms: The pitfalls of building text analytics in-house
- Design User-Friendly Surveys with Text Analytics